Marathon in Kiev will be held despite the rain
A marathon will take place in the capital over the weekend, which will cause a number of streets to be closed, in particular Kontraktova Square.
In Kiev, on Saturday, September 18, traffic on a number of streets will be blocked due to the marathon, informs press service of the Kyiv City State Administration.
So, until 22:00 on September 19, traffic on Kontraktova Square will be limited, as well as on: st. Grigory Skovoroda (from Kontraktova Square to Voloshskaya St.), st. Mezhigorskaya (from G. Skovoroda St. to Spasskaya St.), st. Peter Sagaidachny (from Kontraktova Square to Andreevskaya St.).
On Sunday, September 19, the following will be closed:
- st. Petr Sagaidachny – from 07:00 to 13:30;
- Borichev descent – from 07:00 to 13:30;
- st. Igorevskaya – from 07:00 to 13:30;
- st. Naberezhno-Khreshchatitskaya (from Verkhniy Val street to Pochtova square) – from 07:00 to 13:30;
- st. Naberezhno-Khreshchatytska (towards the Havana Bridge) – from 07:00 to 11:00;
- Naberezhnoe highway (from Borichevy descent to Dnieper descent) – from 07:00 to 13:30;
- Naberezhnoe Highway (towards the Havansky Bridge) – from 07:00 to 11:00;
- Havansky Bridge in the direction of the North Bridge – from 07:00 to 11:00;
- st. Naberezhno-Rybatskaya (in the direction of the North Bridge – from 07:00 to 11:00
- North Bridge (in the direction of the Troeshina residential area) – from 07:00 to 11:00;
- street Trukhanovskaya – from 07:00 to 12:00;
- Vladimirsky descent (in the direction of Pochtovaya Square) – from 07:00 to 11:00;
- Metro Bridge – from 07:00 to 10:00;
- turn from the Metro bridge to Naberezhnoe shosse – from 07:00 to 11:00.
Also on the route of the marathon, changes in the movement of public transport are provided.
Note that traffic in the central districts of Kiev has been restricted due to sports events for several weekends in a row.