The Zavodskoy District Court of Kemerovo found all eight defendants in the first case of a fire in 2018 in the Zimnyaya Vishnya shopping center, which killed 60 people, guilty. writes RIA News. The announcement of the verdict continues.
The state prosecution previously requested the following terms for them:
- the general director of the company that owns the Zimnyaya Vishnya shopping center Yulia Bogdanova – 14.5 years in a general regime colony,
- Director of Zimnyaya Vishnya LLC Nadezhda Suddenok is 14 years old in a general regime colony,
- the technical director of the company Georgy Sobolev – 13 years in a general regime colony,
- Andrey Bursin, the head of the firefighting service of the first detachment of the Federal Border Guard Service in the Kemerovo Region – 6 years in a general regime colony,
- security guard Sergei Antyushin – 9.5 years in a general regime colony,
- Igor Polozinenko, the head of the “System Integrator” company, which serviced the fire alarm system in the shopping and entertainment center, – 6 years and 8 months in a general regime colony,
- Polozinenko’s subordinate Alexander Nikitin – 5.5 years in a general regime colony,
- Chief of the guard of the fire and rescue unit No. 2 Sergei Genin – 5 years in a general regime colony.
Depending on the role of each, they were charged under Part 3 of Article 238 of the Criminal Code (“Provision of services that do not meet safety requirements”), Part 3 of Article 219 (“Violation of fire safety requirements”) and under Part 3 of Article 293 (“Negligence”).
Suddenok, Sobolev and Bogdanova were found guilty of providing services that did not meet safety requirements. Polozinenko and Nikitin – in violation of fire safety requirements. Antyushin – in the provision of services that do not meet the requirements of life and health safety. According to the investigation, he did not turn on the fire warning system. Genin and Bursin were found guilty of negligence, which led to the death of people.
The fire in “Winter Cherry” occurred on March 25, 2018, 60 people were killed in it, including 37 children, and another 147 people were injured. At the moment when the fire broke out, they were in a closed cinema and in a games room on the top floor.
The firefighters who extinguished the fire emphasized that when they arrived at the site, all evacuation exits in the mall were closed. Also, not a single fire protection system worked in the room, there was no emergency lighting, and neither the guards nor the administration met the rescuers, although they had to be on the spot. In addition, the “Winter Cherry” building itself was built with numerous violations.
By data TASS, on the fact of the fire, criminal cases were initiated and are being considered in courts against 15 people, including the ex-head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations for Kuzbass, Alexander Mamontov, the ex-head of the State Construction Supervision of Kuzbass Tanzilya Komkova, the former general director of Zimnyaya Vishnya, Vyacheslav Vishnevsky, extradited from Poland , during which the reconstruction of the building of the former confectionery factory under the shopping and entertainment center was carried out.