Approved the procedure for the use of hunting weapons by the defense
All members of volunteer formations can use personal hunting weapons and cartridges during the performance of the tasks of the defense.
The Cabinet of Ministers approved the procedure for the use of personal hunting weapons and ammunition by territorial defense units during the performance of tasks. Relevant Decree published on Thursday, January 20th.
Now all members of volunteer formations can use personal hunting weapons and cartridges for them during the performance of territorial defense tasks. At the same time, the manufacture, acquisition, storage and accounting of personal hunting weapons and cartridges for them are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the law.
When carrying or transporting a weapon, you must have a weapon permit and a certificate of a therodefense volunteer.
In turn, members of volunteer formations (who are not military personnel) while performing territorial defense tasks have the right to use personal hunting weapons for:
- protection of civilians and objects from attack or prevention of the threat of attack on protected objects;
- release of seized military and civilian objects or prevention (prevention) of such seizure;
- prevention and / or termination of activities, detention, disarmament or neutralization of persons involved in armed aggression;
- termination of actions of persons who have committed or are committing offenses;
- termination of actions of persons who pose or may pose a danger to persons involved in the performance of territorial defense tasks or other persons.
The government decree has already entered into force.
Recall that the Ministry of Defense will form more than 150 territorial defense battalions. 86% of the places of deployment of territorial defense units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine throughout Ukraine have already been determined.
The law on the defense came into force in Ukraine