The coordinator of the Homeless Workers Movement (MTST), Guilherme Boulos (PSOL), will not be a candidate for governor of São Paulo in the October elections. The decision was announced on their social media this morning (21).
Since last year, Boulos was a pre-candidate for Palácio dos Bandeirantes. In the latest electoral polls, he appeared behind Fernando Haddad (PT), Márcio França (PSB) and Tarcísio de Freitas (no party).
With the decision, the MTST leader must support Haddad in the dispute. On social media, the candidate wrote that he defends the unity of the left in São Paulo to defeat “the toucans and bolsonarismo”.
:: Fernando Haddad leads dispute for the government of SP, says Quaest/Genial poll ::
“I made the decision to be a candidate for Federal Deputy for one reason: to help build a great Left Bank in Congress. Today the Centrão governs Brazil. We need to have the strength for the Labor Reform, the Spending Ceiling and pass popular changes,” he wrote.
:: PSOL creates a commission with Boulos, Talíria and Juliano to negotiate ahead with Lula ::
“Brazil’s moment is critical and requires political gestures and generosity. After a lot of dialogue with party comrades and analyzing the scenario, I decided to be a candidate for Federal Deputy. I defend the unity of the left to defeat the toucans and bolsonarismo in the state of São Paulo”, said Boulos.
Over the weekend, former President Lula (PT) spoke again about the importance of electing a progressive bench in the National Congress. According to the PT, Parliament “has never been so deformed as it is now”.
Read what Boulos said about giving up:
Why will I be a candidate for Federal Deputy this year?
Follow the 🧶.
— Guilherme Boulos (@GuilhermeBoulos) March 21, 2022
Editing: Vivian Virissimo