The visit of former President Lula to Brasília on July 12 is confirmed. A pre-candidate of the Workers’ Party for the presidency, Lula must fulfill a series of commitments with allies and also with the PT militancy, other party acronyms and social movements in the Federal District.
According to information from the PT president in the DF, Jacy Afonso, there was a meeting with the coordination of Lula’s pre-campaign in the DF on Monday, the 27th, however the agenda is still under construction.
“We are getting organized to do a great activity with President Lula on July 12th,” he said.
In a statement to the zones, secretariats, sectors and popular struggle committees, Jacy Afonso highlighted that on Friday (1st), at 5 pm, there will be an activity to mobilize the Plano Piloto Bus Station.
A survey commissioned by the bank BTG Pactual, released on Monday (27), shows that former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (PT) remains isolated in the leadership of the electoral race for the Planalto Palace. The data show that Lula has 43% of voting intentions and President Jair Bolsonaro appears in second place with 33%.
:: Datafolha: Lula leads among the poorest and most unemployed; Bolsonaro, between rich and businessmen ::
In the Federal District, a poll of intention to vote released on the 15th of Junecarried out by the Instituto Opinião Pública and commissioned by the newspaper Correio Braziliense, shows a technical tie between former president Lula and Jair Bolsonaro among voters.
The survey showed Lula with 33.9% and Bolsonaro with 32.8%, this in the spontaneous poll, which is when the voter directly informs the vote intention, without choosing from a list.
In the stimulated poll, when a list of names is presented to respondents, Lula adds up to 37.3% and Bolsonaro appears with 34.6% of the voting intentions in the DF. Together, Lula and Bolsonaro gather 71.9% of the electorate in Brasília.
Source: BdF Distrito Federal
Editing: Flavia Quirino