Mikhail Podolyak, an adviser to the office of the President of Ukraine, called the Olympic Committee a “war propagandist”. This is how he reacted to the news that the Olympic Committee is considering the possibility for Russians to participate in the Olympics. Earlier, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said that “any neutral flag of Russian athletes is stained with blood,” so Russians should be barred from participating in the next Olympics, even under a neutral flag.
- The Washington Post: Kyiv will receive American Abrams tanks no earlier than in a year.
- Up to 100 tanks from Europe will arrive in Ukraine over the next three months.
- Russian military registration and enlistment offices will begin to “reveal” those wishing to sign up as volunteers.
- Navalny’s team made an investigation about the employees of IK-6 in Vladimir, because of which the politician is constantly sent to the ShIZO.
- Russian consulates began to refuse to issue passports to Russian activists in exile.
The governor of the Belgorod region announced the shelling of the village of Bezlyudovka. And an additional military contingent will soon arrive in the Kursk region, said the governor of the region, Roman Starovoit. A report from Belgorod – and why the townspeople are in no hurry to leave.
On the night of January 30, Russian troops attacked Kharkov, a rocket hit a residential high-rise building, according to Ukrainian authorities. A woman died, there are injured. Here is a report from there. They are also shelling Kherson, where rockets hit residential buildings. Here is a selection of photos. Vuhledar is another city in the Donbass that is now being stormed by the Russian army. Here, the Ukrainian military talks about this hot spot on the front.
The Russian army has been regularly shelling Ukraine’s energy facilities for several months now in an attempt to disable the systems that provide the country with heat and electricity. But the Ukrainian energy sector withstood the bombardment – these are the results of the first half of the winter.
The United States will give Ukraine 31 Abrams tanks, but Kyiv will receive them only a year later, writes The Washington Post. This delay is due to the fact that these tanks will not come from US military stocks, but will be specially purchased for deliveries to Ukraine. In addition, the tanks will be supplied without depleted uranium armor, so that the secret of this design does not fall into the hands of the Russian military if the tanks are captured on the battlefield.
European ones will appear in Ukraine much earlier – more precisely, it will receive up to 100 tanks in the next three months. These are German “Leopards” and British “Challengers” – the latter will be ready to go into battle before the summer. And here is a detailed analysis of whether this will help turn the tide of the war. And here is an analysis of which Russian tanks will be opposed by Western vehicles.
France and Australia agreed to jointly organize the production of 155-mm artillery shells for Ukraine. The US military has announced that more than 60 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles destined for Ukraine are already on their way to Europe. NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg called on South Korea to increase military support for Ukraine. Now the country does not supply weapons to countries in conflict, and Stoltenberg proposed to reconsider this policy. He noted that he sees no signs that Putin and the Russian leadership are preparing for peace, which means “we must be ready for a long journey.” Ukraine itself plans to spend $545 million this year on the purchase of military drones.
Ukraine continues to ask the West for fighter jets. France and Poland are ready to think about it, but Germany and the US are not yet considering such a possibility. Here is a detailed breakdown.
International echo of the war
Lukashenka praised Ukraine and its leadership for “not going to provocations against Belarus.” A few days earlier, he said that the Ukrainians are offering Belarus to conclude a kind of “non-aggression pact.” What is the reason for the changed rhetoric of Lukashenka and whether the Belarusian army is ready to fight against Ukraine – in an interview with BYPOL representative Alexander Azarov.
Denmark will take patronage over the restoration of the city of Nikolaev, which suffered from Russian shelling. It has already allocated 852 million euros to help Ukraine, and in terms of the share of GDP given to Ukraine, it occupies one of the first places among its allies.
Former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson revealed in a BBC documentary that Putin threatened him with a missile attack during a phone call shortly before the start of a full-scale Russian military invasion of Ukraine. Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov assures that this is a lie and there were no such threats.
War, view from Russia
Russian military commissariats will soon begin to call the Russians who served in the army and “reveal” those who want to sign up as volunteers. This order was prepared by the Ministry of Defense. At the same time, the Ministry of Defense is going to start providing volunteer units with weapons, military equipment and food on a par with regular troops. Human rights activists admit that this may be due to an attempt to legalize the Wagner PMC. And here is an interview with relatives of a Kyrgyz citizen who was imprisoned in Russia and died in Ukraine.
In Russia, schoolchildren are increasingly involved in tailoring for the military. Teachers and psychologists see in this not so much a real benefit for the front as an ideological component. Here is a report about it.
The Russian consulate in Lithuania refused to issue a passport to the wife of a Russian citizen who is wanted in the case of military “fakes”. This is the third such case in the past few days.
At the AvtoVAZ plant, due to sanctions, a shortage of paint began, and now cars from there can only be ordered in three colors.
- Navalny’s team found employees of IK-6 in Vladimir, because of which the politician is constantly sent to the ShIZO. Here is a video about these people: this is the head of the colony, his deputy for security and a special officer assigned personally to Navalny.
- Interview with a 19-year-old student from Arkhangelsk, who is accused of “discrediting” the Russian army and justifying terrorism because of posts on social networks. She talks about classmates who reported on her.
- A serviceman from the Vladimir region was given a year in a colony-settlement in the case of unauthorized abandonment of his place of service during the period of mobilization. At the end of October, he simply took the bus from the training unit to his hometown, because he “missed home.” After a few days of rest, he returned to the unit in the same way.
- A sociologist from Kazan, Iskander Yasaveev, who was recognized as a “foreign agent”, was prosecuted for material on the de-Sovietization of Russia.
- A resident of Tyumen was sentenced to three years in prison because of the reasoning in the telegram about the death penalty against the security forces.
- The FSB announced the detention of three students of the eighth grade. According to the intelligence service, they damaged the railway tracks on the stage of the Kursk direction in the Moscow region.
- In Krasnodar, two people were detained in a restaurant because of anti-war statements. They were reported by other visitors.
Leave a Reply