The minister of the Federal Supreme Court (STF), Alexandre de Moraes, authorized the Federal Police to question the president of the PL, Valdemar Costa Neto, about the draft of a coup decree found in the house of Anderson Torres, former secretary of Public Security of the Federal District. The document authorized Bolsonaro to declare a state of defense at the TSE headquarters to reverse the result of last year’s presidential election.
In an interview with the newspaper The globe, the president of the PL said that there are proposals for coup decrees “in everyone’s house”. “That proposal that was in the Minister of Justice’s house, that was in everyone’s house”, said Valdemar, adding that Bolsonaro “did not want to do anything outside the law”. He was denounced for crimes against the democratic rule of law.
“Valdemar Costa Neto’s statements, when he said that he had similar drafts with him, of a manifestly illegal and unconstitutional nature, must be clarified in the broader context of this investigation, notably with regard to the adhesion, by third parties, of any coup intention, which can characterize the crimes provided for in articles 359-M (coup d’état) and 359-L (violent abolition of the democratic rule of law) of the Penal Code”, said Moraes.
Before Moraes’ decision, Valdemar Costa Neto was denounced by the Attorney General’s Office (PGR) and the Electoral Attorney General’s Office (PGE) due to the statements, in an action signed by the Prerogativas group, formed by lawyers, jurists and defenders.
For the Prerogativas group, “the participation of a party association, through its president, in such criminal events shows a direct violation of the constitutional bases in relation to political parties, as well as proves the creation of an organizational engendering that had several stages immoral and unlawful”.
Justice extends National Force in isolated indigenous land
The Ministry of Justice and Public Security (MJSP) extended the presence of the National Public Security Force in the Indigenous Land (TI) Pirititi, in the south of Roraima, for another 60 days. Security agents have been in the territory since November 1 to protect the indigenous people who live in isolation from the invasion of loggers, land grabbers and settlers who live on the edge of the region.
:: ‘Stop lying!’: Yanomami leader, Dário Kopenawa criticizes military and rebuts bolsonaristas ::
The TI has not yet been demarcated as such by the National Foundation for Indigenous Peoples (Funai) and, therefore, has not been recognized by the federal government as land intended for the exclusive use of indigenous peoples. In 2012, however, Funai restricted access to the site and the permanence of non-indigenous people in the area until the recognition process is completed.
Bolsonaro will speak at an organization event associated with the attack on the Capitol
Former President Jair Bolsonaro (PL) will speak at an event organized by Turning Point USA, involved with the invasion of the Capitol, on January 6, 2021, against the inauguration of the current President of the United States Joe Biden. The organization’s founder, Charlie Kirk, is named as one of the funders of the demonstration that preceded the attack on the US parliament.
Brazil and the US are perhaps the two countries most coveted by the left in their cultural war.
3/FEV em Miami🇺🇸 @jairbolsonaro at the invitation of @charliekirk11 e @TPUSA will speak to Brazilians and Americans about their experiences in this fight.
— Eduardo Bolsonaro🇺🇸 (@BolsonaroSP) January 31, 2023
Bolsonaro’s participation in the far-right event was publicized by Kirk and Carlos Bolsonaro on their social networks. “Brazil has become a key battleground in the global confrontation between people power and the tyranny of a corrupt globalist machine,” Kirk wrote on his Twitter profile.
Minister of Communications forwarded false data to Justice
The Minister of Communications, Juscelino Filho, sent false data to the Electoral Justice when accounting for the use of R$ 385,000 from the Electoral Fund in his campaign for federal deputy for Maranhão.
According to the investigation of Estadão, the minister stated that he transported three electoral cables during 23 trips. The alleged passengers, however, are from São Paulo and claim that they don’t even know Juscelino Filho. One of the names is that of a 10-year-old girl.
“I have no connection with a campaign or a politician in Maranhão (…) They used my name, my family’s, my daughter’s,” said one of the alleged passengers on Juscelino Filho’s list.
Joice Hasselmann leaves the PSDB
Federal deputy Joice Hasselmann announced that she left the PSDB, during an interview with UOL, this Tuesday (31). “I have already resigned from the PSDB, my request was made today. Of course, it was assessed quite calmly, irrevocably. Today I communicated to the state executive”, he said at the time.
The departure took place after an interview with Folha de S. Paulo in which Joice accused the acronym of being responsible for the fact that he had not been re-elected. Her mandate as a federal deputy ends this Wednesday (1st).
Editing: Nicolau Soares
Leave a Reply