The former Minister of Justice in the government of Jair Bolsonaro (PL), Anderson Torres, tried to help the former chief during a statement given this Thursday (16) to the Superior Electoral Court (TSE). He was heard as a witness in a process that could make Bolsonaro ineligible. The lawsuit was filed by the PDT.
According to the portal wowsources who requested anonymity said Torres remained calm throughout the testimony, including when asked about the coup draft found at his home in January.
The document was found in a search and seizure action carried out by the Federal Police two days after the Bolsonarist riot in Brasília, in January. Torres took over as Secretary of Public Security for the Federal District after leaving the ministry with the end of the Bolsonaro government.
Read more: Ibama finds 60 wild birds in the house of Anderson Torres, Bolsonaro’s former minister
The sources heard by wow They also said that the former Bolsonarist minister used terms such as “folkloric text”, “madness” and “trash” to talk about the text of the draft. Arrested accused of omission in the coup acts at Praça dos Três Poderes, Torres was heard by videoconference. Still according to the wowhe answered all the questions that were asked.
In the process, the PDT accuses Bolsonaro of abuse of political power and misuse of the media due to the meeting with foreign ambassadors in which he attacked the Brazilian electoral system in July last year. The coup draft was later included in the process.
Editing: Thalita Pires
Leave a Reply