After the Tarcísio de Freitas government (Republicans) maneuvered in the Legislative Assembly of the State of São Paulo (Alesp) to avoid CPIs contrary to the Palácio dos Bandeirantes, the PT, the main opposition party, decided this Wednesday (22) that it will obstruct all activities of the Home, such as polls and events.
In addition, the PT, which elected 18 state deputies and has the second largest bench in Alesp, said, in a note, that it is working on “formatting a legal piece to seek to rescue the constitutional right and duty of the opposition to have a CPI as an instrument of monitor and investigate the actions and measures of the state government”.
The PT also determined the immediate withdrawal of all the party’s parliamentary advisors who were in a queue that formed at the door of the Alesp plenary, for the registration of CPI requests.
Last Tuesday (21), the grassroots parties, including the PL, of the President of the House, André do Prado, formed a task force to secure the first places in the queue for the registration of CPI requests, which will no longer be online to be done only in person, starting next Friday (24).
Opposition parties were not notified of the change and were waiting for the deadline to register their protocols online, as mandated by the House’s bylaws. But since last week, the system has been down.
As the government task force secured the first 33 places in the queue, in practice, there will be no CPI investigating the Tarcísio government in the next three years, since only 10 commissions can be installed per year – Alesp rules authorize a maximum of five CPIs simultaneous and each one can last up to six months.
If the maneuver did not take place, the government of São Paulo would have to face indigestible investigation requests in the House. State deputy Paulo Reis (PT), for example, intended to file a CPI request for Alesp to investigate the circumstances of the shooting in Paraisópolis, during a campaign agenda of Governor Tarcísio de Freitas, last year, during his election campaign.
O Brazil in fact had access to the list of PT investigation requests that were barred by the government maneuver in Alesp, see:
Deputy Paulo Fiorilo:
– Determine and investigate the contracts signed and executed by the DER
– Investigate and investigate the management and use of resources at the Butantan Foundation, responsible for supporting the Butantan Institute
Congressman Ênio Tatto
– Investigate emergency contracts in the DER
Deputy Antonio Donato
– Investigate subway terminal concessions
– Investigate ViaMobilidade concession contracts in the South Zone
Deputy Márcia Lia
– Investigate the Electric Energy concession
– Investigate Social Health Organizations
Deputy Mario Maurici
– Determine the concession of highways with toll freeze
– Investigate addiction in hiring Culture OSs
Deputy Luiz Fernando
– Determine the anticipation of the renewal of the concession contract of Comgás
Deputy Simão Pedro
– Investigate complaints regarding the concession of CPTM lines 8 and 9 to CCR and problems with stoppages
Deputy Luiz Claudio Marcolino
– Determine compliance and specificities of the service concession contract provided by ENEL in 24 municipalities served by the company
Deputy Jorge do Carmo
– Inspect, investigate and investigate irregularities and failures in the operating system of the 15-silver lines of the monorail
Deputy Paulo Reis
– Investigate shooting in Paraisópolis, during the campaign of then-candidate Tarcísio de Freitas
Congresswoman Beth Sahão
– Investigate the increase in femicide and domestic violence
Editing: Rodrigo Durão Coelho
Leave a Reply