Circo Voador, which is located in Lapa, in the central region of Rio de Janeiro, will host next Sunday (26) the first edition of the meeting “Each one in his comic”, a free comics fair, which will include a round of conversations, a workshop on fanzine and an exhibition with publishers, cartoonists, cartoonists, illustrators and stores from around the world geek.
Conceived by the communicator and producer Lencinho, the event had its seeds in the lives held in 2020 during the confinement of the covid pandemic. Later, these encounters became a weekly column that continues to air every Tuesday on Rádio Roquette Pinto.
Read too: Rio Art Museum, in the port area, opens exhibition “The Portrait of Brazil is Black”
The purpose of the fair is to rescue comic book conventions for Rio de Janeiro, which has already hosted unforgettable events of the genre, including the participation of internationally renowned artists.
“Rio was an important meeting place for comic artists and fans of the genre. We hope that our event will be a kick-start to this resumption. And nothing better than starting this off in a space that contemplates so many languages and breathes culture, like Circo Voador. I’m bringing together two great passions in this endeavor: the circus and comics”, says Lencinho.
:: Government delivers assessment of the fake news bill to the rapporteur this Wednesday (22) ::
To carry out the event, the project received incentives from the public notice Fomento à Cultura Carioca, Foca, from the Municipal Secretariat of Culture of the City of Rio de Janeiro.
Check the schedule
11 am: Humor in a square: a conversation about making humor in comics
* Daniel Paiva (director and producer of the documentary Malditos Cartunistas and editor of Tarja Preta magazine)
* André Dahmer (cartoonist for the newspaper O Globo and author of the series Malvados)
* Samir Naliato (Founder of the website Universo HQ, editor-in-chief of the digital comics platform Social Comics and podcaster on the program Confins do Universo)
2pm: Where did Robin and Diversity end up in the comics
* Alice Pereira (author of Pequenas Felicidades Trans)
* Daniela Marino (HQ Mine)
* Renato Lima (co-editor of “Mosh!” and “Jukebox” magazines and storyboard designer for several series)
4 pm: Distribution: from digital to print
* Ricardo Oliveira (screenwriter and cartoonist of the series O Espetaculoso Gordo Aranha)
* Denis Mello (comic artist, author of Teocrasília and co-author of the award-winning webcomic Beladona)
* Daniel Lopes (Popcorn and Nanjing publisher)
6pm: Comics explain the world
* André Videira (organizer and professor of the course History in Comics, Politics and Society, by the Department of Social Sciences at UFRJ)
* Triscila Oliveira (writer of the series Confinada and Os Santos)
* Carol Ito (creator of @politicahq and creator of the New Abnormal series for TPM magazine)
:: AGU allows Ibama to charge BRL 29 billion in fines, MPF wants to be involved in the investigation of jewelry and more ::
Source: BdF Rio de Janeiro
Editing: Eduardo Miranda
Leave a Reply